Brian Moignard is the landlord of The Retreat in Reading. Under his stewardship, The Retreat has continued to be a wonderful community pub. Great beers, eclectic customers, live music and a friendly atmosphere serve to make this hostelry one of the best known in Reading.
Local events are hosted here and include the now-famous Pickled Onion Competition, The Village Easter Festival and many more.
Live music is an important element of The Retreat. See the event What’s On page for more information. Here is a video of one of the many jazz gigs at The Retreat.
Explore RDG published a useful review of The Retreat: https://www.explorerdg.com/food-drink/retreat-pub-review/
- Guidelines for Visiting The Retreat
- The Retreat in Reading, a brief history
- A Matthews - Ginger Beer Bottle
- Accolades for The Retreat
- Blasts from the past - videos from The Retreat
- Drinking establishments - definitions
- Nearby pubs that have long gone
- Past landlords of The Retreat
- The Beer Triangle and Real Ale in Reading
- The history of pubs and public houses
- The Retreat advert from 1983
- The Retreat pub signs
- Victorian WC
- Visiting a British Pub