We are following all the Government advice. As you will appreciate, The Retreat is a small pub and it gives us some challenges with regards to capacity. We have had the property measured and the calculated safe capacity for the pub is 20 customers maximum in groups of two or three.
Here are the guidelines for visiting The Retreat for the foreseeable future.
- If you, or anyone with you, is showing signs of COVID-19, please do not enter.
- On entry, please use the hand gel provided.
- If you are told a table is available, please add your name to the register along with your phone number for track & trace purposes.
- We only have tables for 2 and 3. Parties of 4 cannot be accommodated at one table.
- Please do not rearrange the furniture.
- All seating is with backs to the wall to allow a safe distance for people to access the toilets.
- Children under 12 and dogs are not allowed to be inside the pub.
- There is to be no vertical drinking i.e. standing at the bar or leaning against walls or between tables.
- We are not taking bookings/reservations.
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.